Wednesday, December 9, 2015

She Survived because of Jesus

        When my sister was two years old, she was run over by a vehicle.                                                                       She was walking from the vehicle to the side walk when the driver who was not paying attention started the van. In a matter of seconds the van knocked my sister to the ground and began to roll over her leg. In a moment, my mom went running over to the van yelling, " Move back! Move back!" I remember at three years old standing on the sidewalk and watching this from the sidewalk. It seemed like it was all in slow motion. I remember the yelling. I remember other people who were outside who began yelling at the driver to " Go back!"  and who began pushing on the vehicle. I remember seeing a neighbor running down the parking lot seeing what was happening and yelling at the driver. It was horrific scene! Once the driver reversed the vehicle. My mom picked her up from the ground. My sister was not even crying. My mom was saying, "Somebody call the ambulance." Everybody around seemed to be in shock. Somebody somehow called another friend who came over quickly and took charge of the situation. She told my mom to get into the vehicle. She took her to the hospital. My mom walked into the hospital. There was a doctor standing at the front desk. My mom said distraught, " My daughter has just been run over!" My mom said the doctor turned around from the what he was doing, took my sister out of my mom's arms and began giving instructions to the staff. The doctors ran all kinds of tests on her trying to figure out what was wrong with her. They could not figure it out and had to fly her to a children's hospital. She was quickly put into ICU. She was in shock. She lost her appetite. Her leg had split when the van went over her. Her pelvic bone had punctured her on her rectum which caused her to bleed internally. Because of this, she had to have a colostomy so the doctors could operate and that she could heal.  The doctors told my parents that she might have a colostomy her whole life. They also said she might never walk again. My parents asked everybody they knew to pray for her. She was in the intensive care unit for a week. She was in the hospital for four weeks.  It took a few months for her to heal from the surgeries and the trauma. Because she had to learn to walk again, my parents took her to therapy. She learned to walk again. After she finished healing from the damage caused by the vehicle, the doctors were able to take off the colostomy.
      She is able to run, skate, and play as any child-without difficulty.
      My parents took pictures of my sister with family and friends while she was  recovering in the hospital, but none of the pictures that were taken are clear. They are all dark. My mom said that maybe that is because the memory is enough.
     My sister is nineteen years old and still in incredible health.
    This is a marvelous miracle and blessing from the Lord and my family will never cease to give thanks to God!!!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment